History


Founding of the University of Zurich (Academia Turicensis).
From the very beginning, lectures on forensic medicine were held, at the time on the premises of the Institute of Pathology.

Professorship in forensic medicine. The initial location was in rooms on the top floor of the detached house “im Berg” at Sempersteig.

Founding of the Institute with a chair for forensic medicine, relation between medicine and law. Relocation to a building constructed in 1866 by Gottfried Semper at Zürichbergstrasse 8.

Inauguration of the autopsy wing – previously autopsies were conducted outside of the institute – as well as a demonstration room.

Relocation to the new institute building at the University of Zurich-Irchel.